Thursday, October 21, 2010

Drinkin´ Thing



















"While she pours herself on some stranger, I pour myself a drink somewhere..." Presenting two delightful country songs about ´this drinkin´ thing´. Gary Stewart (1944-2003) was known as the King Of Honky Tonk during his seventies heydays, and with good reason. Check out that trademark vibrato, my thirsty compadres, and call that bartender pronto. "My heart is breaking, like the tiny bubbles, she´s actin´ single, I´m drinkin´ doubles..." Cheers!

Gary Stewart - Drinkin´ Thing MP3
Gary Stewart - She's Actin´ Single (I´m Drinkin´ Doubles) MP3

5 comments:

Paul said...

She's Actin' Single... is one of my all-time top five country favorites. It's perfection.

-Paul (from STWOF)

Ramone666 said...

Sure is Paul. Feeling the itch yet? Missing your posts...

Holly said...

This such a great album, haven't played it recently, thanks for nudging me!

Paul said...

I don't know about getting the itch. I think I just ran out of things to say.

Also I accidentally lost the URL to my old blog. Now its back at the blogspot address. I also post tunes on tumblr sometimes.

Ramone666 said...

Just remember the door is always open for a guest post, cowboy.