Monday, October 19, 2009

If The Rain Comes...




















Winter´s coming... and me no like. After more than five months of sunshine, wearing shorts and flipflops at all times, it´s kinda hard to adjust. Today was the first day I had to put on my trusted leather jacket, while inside the heater had to be turned on again. Last Saturday, it proved still possible to enjoy lunch outside, in shirtsleeves while sporting sunglasses, but now the weather has definitely turned. Living in a mediterranean climate, it would be hard to maintain that it´s colder than a witch´s tit, or even a well digger´s ass out there, but it sure feels that way to me at the moment. Oh well, at least the mozzies are a goner.

Another drop in temperature is expected, and the weatherman says it´s going to pour tomorrow. Which gives me an excellent opportunity to provide you with a musical ten pack about the rain. I´ve left out the most obvious ones, so no Beatles (you´ll get a fun cover version though), Temptations or Ann Peebles this time around. Now where´s that umbrella again...

Meat Puppets - Look At The Rain MP3
Keith Hudson - In The Rain MP3
Beatle Hans & The Paisley Perverts - Rain MP3
The Velvet Underground - Hey Mr. Rain MP3
The Pogues - Rain Street MP3
Lonnie Johnson - Pouring Down Rain MP3
Townes Van Zandt - None But The Rain MP3
Prince Far I - Rain A Fall MP3
The Rising Storm - The Rain Falls Down MP3
Blacktop - I Think It´s Going To Rain MP3

2 comments:

Private Beach said...

Plenty more rain songs out there: Rhythm of the Rain, Crying in the Rain, Rain on the Roof, Who'll Stop the Rain, A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall, and Randy Newman's I Think It's Going To Rain Today (Dusty Springfield did a lovely version of that).

Brooke Mooney said...

Listening to songs in the rain with my headphones in under my hooded rainjacket is one of my favorite ways to listen to music. Another great rain song is Patty Griffin-Rain. http://www.google.com/url?q=http://popup.lala.com/popup/504684637740481218&ei=AKXwSqzZFYWk8AaWxrn3CA&sa=X&oi=music_play_track&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CAwQ0wQoADAA&usg=AFQjCNFmGr9Z8g-_4i7dXG7OiothtGPA3g